Thank you for your efforts working on the Heritage Projects with your children. It was really wonderful to share and learn about each other. They came out amazingly well!
We have a varied and fun week ahead, here the key highlights…
Monday – i ready testing in the morning
Tuesday – Field Day – wear gym clothes & sneakers, apply sunscreen, no sunglasses, hats are OK, but not necessary, send morning & afternoon snacks along with an extra water.
Thursday – 12:00 dismissal!
Friday – NO SCHOOL!!
Due to these special activities & shortened week, we will not begin our new Reading Unit until Wednesday, so no tests until the week of 5/27.
LA – Mole and Baby Bird
High Frequency Words:
1. borrowed – used something of someone else’s for a little while
2. presently – soon
3. usually – most often
1. freedom – able to move around or do things without being held back
2. miserable – very unhappy
3. selfish – think only of yourself and not of others
4. dawn – early morning when it starts getting light
5. scaly – covered with scales or flakes
6. speckled – has small dots or patches that are more than one color
7. fond – like something a lot
8. proper – correct
9. scarcely – hardly
Writing Trait: Conventions
Big Question: How can new ideas help us see things differently?
Phonemic Awareness: Blend and Segment Phonemes, Isolate Phonemes
Phonics: Diphthong ow/ou and Syllables
Comprehension: Sequence, Summarize
Math – We begin to learn about a variety of graphs and review tally marks.
Religion – We work on a mobile to represent sacraments.
Science – We lean about animal body parts and how they keep animals safe.
Social Studies – We learn how immigrants enhance our culture in many ways.